Thursday, September 22, 2005

Purple fireworks

Looks like this shot is the final winner of my recent posting of three nearly identical shots. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I recently shot some photos handheld of a fireworks display during the mooncake festival in Sepang (that's a small town near the Kuala Lumpur International Airport) and I posted 3 shots from that for anyone to post and decide which is the best. This one finally won out with er...a whopping 3 comments....
1/1.6sec at f/4
Nikon D70, AF-S Nikkor 12-24mm f/4 Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

SC said...

i like this one

Unknown said...

I like this one also. The fireworks look more interesting and the foreground has just enough stuff to give the picture context and scale. The people in the other pictures covered too much of the frame.

Unknown said...

i like this one too, the best out of the three. just the right amount of exposure, still can see a black sky (i guess that brought out the details of the burst), and the focus is better than the other two. and lastly it has good scale as pete said. so what do i get for voting? and what do we get if this picture wins?

Unknown said...

Hi aquarium! Thanks for the comment! Looks like you are person No4 who's actually glanced at my photoblog! hahaa.

Whaddya get for voting? My undying gratitude...

Whaddya get if the picture wins? Well...I'd say my undying gratitude, but i've used that before. How about I'll promise to post at your blog? :) (What's your blog, btw?)

Anyway, how are you since you got back to NZ? Bored? Working? Both?

Anyway, with regards to the picture contest, looks like we have a winner...such as it is...LOL

So as of this moment, the other photos are deleted....