Sunday, February 20, 2011

Contemplation

This shot was taken at Hoan Kiem Lake as well. I noticed this lady sitting by a row of trees next to the lake and fired off a couple of shots. I don't normally take note of technical details, but for this shot, I intentionally shot at the 200mm end of the lens to make the trees look closer than they are. There is of course some post-processing going on here -- I adjusted the curves a little bit, then desaturated the shot till only a hint of colour is seen. Interestingly, the shot looks as if I selectively removed colour in particular areas, but in fact, it's all in colour. The trees were so grey and the lady's bag was so red that this level of desaturation made the trees look monochrome while there's stil a hint of colour in the lady.

No comments: