Monday, October 17, 2005

Not an orchid..I think


Dontcha just love macro? I've always been fascinated by macro images -- it's just looking at the world in a way we normally wouldn't be able to with the naked eye. I remember way back when I was using a Nikon F-301 I almost always had my dad's Tamron SP90 f/2.5 macro lens (now it's in latest incarnation here) attached to it.

Even now, with my Nikon D70, I have the excellent AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 attached to it most of the time. Don't think a macro lens is just for shooting closeups -- a 60mm (equivalent to the 90mm due to the 1.5x smaller sensor of DSLRs compared to 35mm film) is also excellent for taking head-and-shoulder portraits because it gives the most flattering perspective for humans. A well-made Macro lens is incredibly sharp and an excellent choice for low-light photography as well, thanks to it's very bright maximum aperture. Posted by Picasa

No comments: