Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bugged



Yes I never get tired of shooting insects -- maybe it's because it gives me a glimpse of what goes on in a typical day in a bug's life. Trying to get a shot of this cute little red and white bug was a major feat in itself-- this insect was only about half the size of my thumbnail and would not stop moving no matter what. I must have taken about 15 shots or so with off-camera wireless flash (thanks to Shu Ping for holding the flash!) before I managed to get just TWO acceptable shots. The flash allowed me to stop down the aperture to about f/18 which was necessary due to the very shallow depth of field. This shot is slightly cropped to get rid of too much of the boring background. Nikon D70, AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidy Ho Kit Hoong

Finally remembered to look up the site. At least all my 'hard work' was not in vain!

That was a nice location. The teh tarik was so good. Pity there were no curry puffs to accompany it. Your mum made 30 for us in Alor Star though! And gave me the recipe and her curry puff cutter. Something to try when KS moves into his new place in Aug/Sept. Mmmm...

SP

P.S. Any word on the CH geo cache?

Unknown said...

hiiiidy ho! Well with regards to the geocache, I haven't been back to the place yet...maybe next time I'll try again.