Thursday, May 17, 2007

Chilli red


You don't have to go on photo excursions to shoot something interesting -- when I have nothing in particular to shoot, I whip out the old macro lens and challenge myself by looking for stuff around the house. You may think these are bright red capsicums, but actually these are habenero chillies which are only about the size of a marble. Habaneros are the third hottest chillies in the world, coming in at between 100,000 - 350,000 Scoville units and MUCH hotter than anything we have in Malaysia or Thailand. If you cut and then handle them with your bare hands, the heat from these chillies can burn for a few days! I shot quite a few of these chillies using wireless flash, carefully framing them each time so that I got a balance and enough depth-of-field (this was shot with an aperture of F/32!). I put the chillies in their natural setting -- at the bottom of my granite pestle and mortar! :) Nikon D200, AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8

No comments: