Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hint of colour


You know I realise that there are wideangle people and there are telephoto people -- that is, people who tend to prefer wideangle lenses or people who tend to prefer long telephoto lenses. I'm firmly in the wideangle category and I usually have more shots at wideangle and medium telephoto focal lengths than at the full 200mm end of my Nikkor AF-S 18-200mm.

However, occasionally, I actually do find a chance to take a shot at 200mm on my lens, and this is one of them. The two people standing there are actually way up at the roof of a building and I was on the ground. I noticed how striking the image was with the lady in red against an almost completely monochromatic background of metal sheeting. Of the two shots I took, this one seemed to me had the best composition. It would have been better I suppose if the two people were looking towards the camera instead of away, but I couldn't very well shout and ask them to look my way! :)

Nikon D200, AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6VR

No comments: