Friday, April 06, 2007

Crossing the bridge

I know, I know - yes I do shoot using the so-called "dutch angle" technique a lot, but believe me, I tried shooting this bridge from quite a few angles and this framing somehow still worked the best. Nikon D200, AF-S VR Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G


(/\_SomniuM_/\) said...

Nice blog you have here...
I am not into pics and cameras (haven't had the chance or passion), yet I liked the pics in here.

I specially liked this one, with the odd angle... Dutch angle you say is the name? :) I'm no expert, but you seem to have talent.

Keep on at it, I'll start visiting the blog from now on.

Tan Kit Hoong said...

Hi thanks for your comments (/\_SomniuM_/\)! Yes, "dutch angle" is the name they give for this type of shot -- don't ask me why the Dutch always get blamed for everything (go dutch, dutch oven, etc) :) I wonder if the Dutch have similar names for things but with different nationalities thrown in :p Maybe instead of Dutch Angle, the Dutch call it an Irish Angle :) :)