Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mind if I smoke?


They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade! Well, this is just what I did -- there was a major blackout in my area last night, plunging the neighborhood into near-total darkness. So taking my camera, a few candles and some torchlights, I proceeded to shoot this cute incense burner. Illumination is from the candles and the LED torchlights only, and no flashes were used. By the way the title is from a comedy I saw years back (could be the Muppet Show or Airplane) -- a lady walks into a bar and asks a gentlemen, "Mind if I smoke?" after which she proceeds to exude smoke from her entire body. LOL! I always thought that was hilarious and that's what this incense burner reminds me of. Nikon D200, AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8

NB: Ah yes, thanks to my boss, the movie was The Addams Family (1991)

No comments: