Monday, November 13, 2006

Nepal!

Phew! From October 15-30th 2006, two of my friends and I embarked on a holiday to Nepal. The trip was something I'd been dreaming about for a while now, and delayed because of the unrest in the country.

However, when things settled down somewhat we decided to take the opportunity to go. Our holiday involved a long trek (over 120km) from Naya Pul in Pokhara to Muktinath in the north. I have to say that the walk was really tough but worth it -- on the trip we really got a feel for the country. The red line in the map on the right shows the distance we trekked -- click on the photo for a larger view.

In case you're wondering, I booked my own tickets at a travel agency for Royal Nepal Airlines and we engaged Binod Mahat, a Nepali guide online at his website at HikeNepal.com. Binod is a very nice guy and has my personal recommendation. Unfortunately for us, he couldn't be our guide because he had a family emergency, but he kindly arranged for another guide, Shanker K.C. for us who was also a funny and conscientious guide.

Anyway, the pictures that follow are arranged in roughly chronological order, starting with our first days and going on to the later days as you go down. Unlike my previous posts, I've opted to mix in mundane shots with the nice ones just to give the reader a feel for the trip and to give a flow to the pictures.

Click on the link that says Nepal for a full listing of the photos or just click here to go directly there. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still say you should either have an art exhibition, or get your pix printed in a book.

No embassies have approached you yet to buy your pix?

I'm amazed.

Kelvin said...

Hello from New Zealand. I was searching the blog world when your blog popped up. The photos are great - worth sharing, so I have mentioned your blog on my blog - "Kelvin A Memory Always".

Click on my name if you want to have a look at my blogs.

Unknown said...

Hi Kelvin!

Thanks for your comments! I checked out your blogs -- wow you have a lot of different blogs and you really are KRAZY! Haha

Everest Base Camp Trek said...

wow! this article is very good...your pictures are lively and post is interesting..thanks!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi thanks for the comments! I'm hoping to go back to Nepal some day