Saturday, November 04, 2006

Went up a hill, came down a mountain


Being behind the camera all the time, I don't usually appear in photos much, but on this trip, I made a conscious effort to have myself photographed at various sites just to prove I've been there. This shot was taken at our lodge for the night at Muktinath, our last stop on our trekking trip. The light coming from behind us was actually very, very strong, and to ensure that you could see our faces, I set my camera to provide a short burst of flash to fill in the shadows. The trick here is to make the flash NOT look like a flash -- flash at full power would have been a little unnatural, so I set my flash to shoot a weaker burst using a flash exposure compensation value of -1.7EV, which produced a more natural result. Nikon D200, AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6VR Posted by Picasa

No comments: